Canada PR Card Photo Specifications
- Photos must show a full front view of the person’s head showing full face centred in the middle of the photo;
- be clear, well-defined and taken against a plain white background without shadows;
- be produced from the same unretouched film or from the same file capturing the digital image or from two identical photos exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera;
- be original photos (not taken from any existing photo);
- New: measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown (top of hair);
- have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8? x 1 3/4?) finished size;
- be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable;
- be on prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent discolouration;
- bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable).
Canada Immigration Photo Specifications
- The photographs must:
• show a full front view of the person’s head and shoulders showing full face centered in the middle of the photograph;
• have a plain white background;
• measure between 25mm and 30mm (1″ and 1 1/5″) from chin to crown;
• have a 35mm x 45mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″) finished size;
Canada Visa Photo Specifications
- The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm
- The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
- The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm and 36 mm
- Crown means the top of the head or (if obscured by hair or a head covering) where the top of the head or skull would be if it could be seen.
- If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
Get Your Passport Photos in 3 Steps