Passport Photo for UK
United Kingdom/England (UK) Pasport Photo Size and Requirements (England Passport Pictures)
“UK Passport Photo Size”:
Subjects must look straight ahead with mouths shut and “neutral” expressions. Other rules include the size of the photo – 45mm by 35mm – which must be printed on normal photographic paper. Applicants must be on their own in the picture and their head and shoulders must take up 65% to 75% of the frame.
If your application form requires different size or has some new requirements, let us know that information along with your order by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UK Passport Picture requirements:
- Subjects must look straight ahead with mouths shut and “neutral” expressions.
- Passport picture size needs to be- 45mm by 35mm –
- United Kingdon Passport Photos must be printed on normal photographic paper.
- Applicants must be on their own in the picture and their head and shoulders must take up 65% to 75% of the frame.
Detailed requirements for “UK Passport pictures” from UK Government website- Home Office- Identity and Passport Service
The standards for passport photos With all applications, you must include two identical recent photographs. These must meet internationally agreed standards and must be of a true likeness of you. The photographs must:
- be in colour, not black and white;
- be identical;
- be taken within the last month;
- be 45 millimetres (mm) high x 35 millimetres (mm) wide (do not trim your photographs to meet this condition);
- be in clear and sharp focus, with a clear difference between your face and the background;
- be taken against a plain cream or plain light grey background;
- not have red-eye; be of you facing forward, looking straight at the camera; not be torn, creased, or marked; be printed on plain white photographic;
- be free from shadows; be taken with your eyes open and clearly visible (no sunglasses or tinted glasses and no hair across your eyes);
- be free from reflection or glare on your glasses, and the frames must not cover your eyes (where possible, we recommend that you remove your glasses);
- show you with a neutral expression and your mouth closed (no grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows); be of you on your own (no toys, baby’s dummy or other people on the photo);
- be professionally printed. Photographs printed at home are not likely to be of an acceptable quality;
- show your full head, without any head covering, unless you wear it for religious beliefs or medical reasons;
- be taken with nothing covering your face. Please make sure nothing covers the outline of your eyes, nose or mouth.
- be a close-up of your head and shoulders so that your head, from the bottom of your chin to your crown is between 29mm and 34mm high; and clear of writing on the front and back.
Sample UK Passport photos:
Sample of Bad/Invalid photos for UK Passport
Important Links for UK/Schengen Passport Photos:
Full guidelines are available for members of the public by clicking here (pdf, 301kb, new window)
UK Guide for professional photographers